As a sewer, or someone interested in learning how to sew, the sewing machine is the primary tool with which you create projects, from the simplest tablecloths to the most elaborate ball gowns. The better that tool is, the more the sewer can come up with artistic, unique, and finely-crafted clothing, home décor, and other projects. One such tool is a computerized sewing machine.
The Janome DC2012 sewing machine has the features that any sewer on any level will appreciate. Garments, home décor, quilting, household linen and curtains, mending of clothing, and scrapbooking are some of the things that need to be stitched and sewn. With the DC2012, sewing all of these has suddenly become easy and fun. Just take a look at its features:
Features of the Janome DC2012 Decor Computerized Sewing Machine
The features of the DC2012 offer a great deal of convenience for the user with a slider for speed control, automatic lock button, and reverse stitching mechanism, among others. The needle has a “memory” setting for its directional up and down function, for instance, which is convenient when changing sewing positions.
The Janome computerized sewing machine has a needle threader that you can operate with one hand, an LED screen with backlighting to indicate your stitch selection as well as easy-to-navigate buttons to help you select the stitch you want and set its length and width.
It also has 50 different stitches that are built-in with three one-step buttonholes. With the DC2012, the needle has shortcut buttons directly placed above it for easy use. There is an automatic locking stitch, a button for reverse stitching, and an “up and down” memory mechanism.
The Janome DC2012 sewing machine has a Superior Feed System that ensures stitches are consistent and the bobbin does not jam. The machine’s feed dog is a seven-piece mechanism that works in harmony with a rotary hook, automatic tension, and foot pressure to enable perfect stitching any time.
As part of the features of this Janome model, you get the following accessories with your purchase:
- Satin Stitch Foot.
- Zipper Foot.
- Automatic Buttonhole Foot.
- Large Spool holder.
- Needle Set.
- Seam ripper.
- Overage foot.
- Blind hem foot.
- Zipper Foot.
- Power supply cord.
- Lint brush.
- Spool pin felt.
- Quilter bar.
- Foot control.
- Additional spool pin.
- Spool stand.
- Small Spool holder.
- Instruction manual.
- Foot control.
- Power supply cord.
Specifications of the Janome DC2012
The DC2012 is one of the best Janome computerized sewing machine models in recent years. Anybody who reads through this machine’s specifications can’t help but be awed at the plethora of benefits which the user can derive from the DC2012. Hold your breath as you go through these specs and imagine what you can create when you use some of them or all of them!
- With 50 built-in stitch patterns.
- Equipped with LED Stitch Pattern Indicators has two digits.
- Automatic lock stitching.
- Adjustable Stitch Width between is 0 and 7 mm.
- Adjustable Stitch Length between is 0 and 5 mm.
- Buttonhole System is the One-Step Sensor Type.
- Automatic buttonholing has three styles.
- Equipped with an External Feed Balancing Dial
- Designed with a Superior Feed System (SFS).
- Box Feed System.
- Drop Feed System.
- Manual Tension.
- Thread’s delivery is horizontal.
- Lay-in Threading has numbered paths
- With two varying sizes of thread caps.
- Needle Threader is built in.
- Thread Cutter can be operated with one hand.
- Equipped with Snap-On Feet.
- Reverse Button is conveniently located.
- Electronic Foot Control.
- With a lever for Speed Control.
- Failsafe Device is in the audio form of an electronic beep.
- Full Rotary bobbin is top loading, magnetic, and jam-proof.
- Jam Proof, Magnetic, Top Loading, Full Rotary Bobbin System
- Automatic Bobbin Winder with declutch capability.
- See Through Bobbin Cover with One Touch Release Button
- Extra Clearance with a High Presser Foot Life.
- 15 Built-in needle positions.
- Free Arm is removable.
- With Accessory Tray.
- Needle Stop for “Up.”
- Memorized key for “Needle Up and Needle Down.”
- Carrying Handle is retractable.
- Machine Weight is 18.2 lbs or 8.2 kilograms.
- Halogen Lightbulb in front position.
- Direct Current (DC) motor.
- Sculpture Stitch in two lengths.
- Bi-directional Blanket Stitch.
- 24 Heirloom Stitches.
- 6 Satin Decorative Stitches.
- Star Stitch.
- With slider Speed Control.
Our Review of the Janome DC2012
Those who have purchased the DC2012 have noted its quiet, noiseless operation as much as they have been the beneficiary of even stitches, easy and convenient stitch selection, brightly-illuminated sewing area, easy-to-understand instruction manual, several pieces of accessories, excellent management of thick fabrics while sewing, and the time-saver needle threader’s automatic function.
If it’s possible to swoon over a sewing machine, it would be the DC2012 as far as customer reviews are concerned. One of the features of the DC2012 that is on the top five of “pros” is the easy removal and replacement of the top-loading bobbin. Another top “pro” is the automatic backstitching – from beginning until the end of every seam – that strengthens stitches against unraveling.
The slider Speed Control also scored points as did the automatic thread cutter and the storage contained in a folding drawer from the machine’s front. And despite the seemingly overwhelming number of features, customers found this particular Janome model surprisingly easy to use, a plus factor for enthusiastic beginning sewers who can’t wait to let out their creativity.
Even beginning sewers, in fact, found this computerized sewing machine from Janone easy to work with when they sew seams of longer lengths and turn corners for sleeves and cuffs. This is partly because of the comprehensive instruction manual that goes through each stitch and shows the user which foot and what settings are needed to make the stitch.
The cost may be expensive for some. The only other “con” that seem to be worth looking into for Janome as the manufacturer is the absence of fancier stitches for some customers. The issue of applicable warranties being honored only through the Janome corporate headquarters if not purchased from any of Janome’s dealers was dismissed by other customers as minor issue.
Should you buy the Janome DC2012? Many good sewing machines are available with a cheaper price tag, like the Janome 7318, but this particular Janome model’s features far exceed its price. Simply put, the DC2012 is not only a sewing machine but a wise investment.